StarTech.com @ Dell Technologies World 22

Hello Community!

Thought I’d share a couple of thoughts on what we’re doing at Dell Technologies World next week (May 2-5, 2022.) Hopefully you’ll find something useful in this post whether you’ll be there or not.

I’m looking forward to getting out of the house and being a part of an in-person function like this – it has been a while! Incidentally, this will be the first time attending this show without the blue badge and am excited to see old friends & make a few new ones. (I was at Dell for 12 years prior to joining StarTech.com).

This picture above is what will be on the 8’ x 20’ backdrop of Booth 812 this year.

Here’s a look at the main themes behind our effort at the show:

It takes more than marketing to gain the trust of the IT Pro. That’s the actual title of a presentation I’ll be giving at the WorldChat theater session Monday night. (7:15 PM Theater A.)

As a former IT Pro who somehow ended up in marketing, I think I’m qualified to speak on this topic. Those managing systems, deploying workstations/servers, configuring apps and managing the internal support queues don’t have time nor the desire to dig through the marketing hype. I’ll drop the short version here: They prefer to self-serve the technical aspects including quick access to comprehensive product information with detailed specs and accurate diagrams. And of course the technology must be thoroughly tested, perform as expected, and be reliable and compatible.

I’ll also be sharing all the good news on our growing community and how it is yet another step in our obsession with making ‘hard to find made easy.’

The IT Pro is our # 1 customer. We decided to be a bronze sponsor at Dell Technologies World because we thought out of all of the upcoming events, we’d have the best chance of getting in front of IT Pro’s at this particular event.

Don’t get me wrong, we like end users and management too, but they aren’t our top priority. In that theater presentation and at our booth we’ll be elevating StarTech.com as a brand that specifically designs and produces products and solutions with the IT Pro in mind first. Performance, comprehensive technical detail, ease of use, less time dealing with end user issues and of course, next-level support if and when you need it.

“I didn’t know you did that.” My goal is to hear that at least 100 times. In booth 812 will be on display a few real-world IT scenarios that our field engineers put together to best show the depth and breadth of StarTech.com solutions. Most people don’t realize StarTech.com has 3700 Sku’s! We’ll have 50+ products at the show in action in hybrid work setups, creative meeting spaces and tablet-based kiosk demos. Docks, multiport adaptors, video extenders, ergonomics, cable management, cables, power solutions and more.

Lets do a user group event in the near future! If you are going (and even if you aren’t), I’d love to meet you. Hit me up on twitter @jeffsullivan or if there stop by booth 812 - I’ve got something for you.

I’d also like to know what shows you plan or would like to go to as we’re thinking about user group events in the not-so distant future. Riding the coat-tails of an industry event is usually a good way to get more bang for the buck. Where should we meet?

Take care,

Jeff