MST30C2HHPD dock has network and display issues.
I supplied a dual HDMI MST30C2HHPD dock to a customer using a HP Probook 650 Gen 8 and they are using 2 x 24" HDMI displays as well as the Laptop display.
They report problems of a LAN based data base "locking" and having network delays. Also the external displays often end up with 1 or more random black black squares around 2 cm. They have to shut every thing off to make them, go away.
In the even viewer I get 2 recurring errors:
1) huge numbers of : Event ID 27 - e1dexpress - ethernet connection - network link disconnected.
2) no so many : Event ID 196 - USB-USBHUB3 - Surprise removal, USB Device draining system power when Idle
I have noted that they have changed the stock 1m USB C cable with a longer 2m generic USB cable. Is there a chance that could be causing issues?
Also Noted an issue when the user was running ZOOM, it was chrasing the internet connection. This was resolved by bypassing the dock with the LAN Cable and plugging direct into the Laptop LAN port,
Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.
- 89 All Categories
- 3 Discover Our Community
- 4 Around the Watercooler
- 19 Idea Station
- 20 Docks, Hubs, Display Adapters
- 4 Mounts, Ergonomics, Desk Accessories
- 7 Networking, Serial, Bluetooth
- 14 Cards, Drive Accessories, Tools
- 2 Racks, Shelves, KVMs
- 10 Cables, AV Splitters, AV Extenders
- 1 Power, Charging