CDP2HDFC - USB-C to HDMIK adapter with Windows 11

Hi All,

I’ve had this adapter for a while and it works fine on another computer. I have one monitor connected the HDMI, and this if for the second one. Both monitors are identical, both react the same way. Both work the way I’d expect on my other laptop.

Currently though, I can’t get the monitor as an option in Windows.

When I connect it, Windows 11 gives me a message saying “Display connection might be limited: Make sure the DisplayPort device you’re connecting to is supported by your PC. Select this message for additional troubleshooting info.”

display limited.png

Obviously, the MS troubleshooting isn’t helpful.

If I look in Device Manager, it’s showing as being a “BillBoard Device” so it’s at least recognized as being connected.

Any suggestions to get this working will be appreciated.

@SteveWilkinson83 We appreciate you taking the time to post on our Community forum!

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty with our CDP2HDFC. We typically see this behavior if the host’s USB-C port does not support DP Alt, which is video out capabilities. Can you please provide the full make and model of the computer being used? This will help confirm if this is the case or not.

Thank you in advance, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Atha T

Hello @SteveWilkinson83

I noticed I haven’t heard anything back from you in a little while, I just wanted to check in to see if you had chance to read our post above.

Please let us know if you require any assistance with the CDP2HDFC. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Atha T