SFP module with"H" letters

Hi,

I try to understand the differencies between SFP 10056-ST and SFP 10056H-ST modules.

Amost the same, one get higher price. No technical difference by the first sight. Some other params, like temperature? Or different?

Please inform me which one is for what purpose.

Prior thanks.

Palibacsi

Hello and thank you for your interest in our Community.

I would like to confirm that our 10056-ST and 10056H-ST are both identical in terms of technical capabilities and standards used. The only difference would be the chipset ID it is meant to be compatible as. The 10056-ST is meant to work as an Extreme Networks 10056 SFP while our 10056H-ST is meant to work as an Extreme Networks 10056H SFP. If your switch is compatible with only one in particular, it would then be best to make sure to select the respective variant. Otherwise, if your switch is compatible with either models or with MSA compliant SFPs in general: then either of our modules would work fine and both provide the exact same service.

Hopefully this is helpful! If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Emmanuel B.

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification. I’m still in the design phase of our project where I would use switch product IES101GP2SFW, then I need to insert BiDi SFP and the suggested models were your product, like 10056(H)-ST.

So if you can confirm, that will work any of them, then would be fine.

Another question: Which of your distributor is recommended close to Hungary, where above product can be on stock more probably?

Regards,

Palibacsi

Hi,

You can rest assured that none of our open SFP equipment (such as our IES101GP2SFW) have any restriction towards any particular chipset ID or firmware, allowing you to use any MSA-capable SFP of your choice. As long as the speed matches (IES101GP2SFW uses Gigabit, as well as the 10056(H)-ST), it will be compatible.

As for availability, I would recommend you to click on the “Buy from Reseller or Distributor” button above the price of an item. This should show you a list of all of our Resellers and Distributors for Europe for that particular product. You’ll want to make sure that “Europe” is selected on the top-left of our web site in order to have the proper list. Concerning stocks, it shouldn’t be an issue as we have stock for Europe should your selected Distributor or Reseller not have any.

I hope this helps! Please do not hesitate to respond should you require any further assistance.

Emmanuel B.

Hello,

Thank you so much for the answers.

Regards,

Palibacsi