No USB 3.0 detected!

Hi,

I recently bought a PEXUSB3S44V PCIe X4 Card and I can’t get it to work on my computer. Well it does work but when i connect the USB 3.0 devices (Elgato Facecam & Elgato HD60X) it says that my devices are conected to USB 2.0. The reason why i bought the card was to have dedicated USB 3.0 ports for my streaming devices, and after searching the internet it was said that the PEXUSB3S44V was the best thing to do the job.

–Build–

Motherboard: Gigabytes Z87-HD3

Specs: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z87-HD3-rev-1x/sp#sp

RAM: 32GB

GPU: ROG 1070ti

My 1070ti is connected to the PCIe x16 slot, so connected the PEXUSB3S44V card in the PCIe X4 slot of my motherboard, and use the LP4 power connected to my PSU. I did not install the drivers [renesas_upd720201_2] usb 3.0 controller card.zip from startech.com, I instead let Windows 10 do it’s thing like it was instructed and recomended.

I can see the device correctly connected in my Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers as:

Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

The System Requirements for the PEXUSB3S44V card are:

• Available PCI Express x4 or higher (x8, x16) slot

• A SATA or LP4 power connector (optional, but recommended)

• Windows® Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10

Could someone please help me figure this thing out!?

Hello @Kyron We appreciate you taking the time to post on our Community forum.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty with our PEXUSB3S44V.

Does the PEXUSB3S44V function with other USB 3.0 devices apart from the Elgato Facecam and Elgato HD60X? For instance, does a USB 3.0 flash drive function with the PEXUSB3S44V at USB 3.0 speeds?

Furthermore, would it be possible to install the latest drivers to see if the issue continues?

Thank you in advance, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Atha T

Thank you for your reply @AthaT, I tried with the drivers as you said and still no luck.

I also tried connecting a USB 3 HDD to it ( I do not have a flash drive) and I got this message.

‘‘This device can perform faster: This USB Mass Storage Device can transfer information faster if you connect it to a Super-Speed USB 3.0 port.’’

I think I’m going to return my purchase of that card.

Hello @Kyron

Thank you for your response and persistence troubleshooting this device. I am sorry to hear the issue has not yet been resolved.

Can you please ensure that the PCIe slot used by the PEXUSB3S44V is set to PCIe Gen 2 speeds? This setting is typically found within the BIOS.

Furthermore, can you confirm if the latest BIOS version and chipset drivers are installed on the computer?

We look forward to your response!

Atha T