Power Cable for 4 Port PCI-E USB 3.0 Card

Hello, I bought the 4 port PCI-E USB 3.0 card from StarTech. I absolutely need the optional power connector for my HP G2 VR. Unfortunately, I can’t find any instructions on which cable I need for this. I’m not a hardware expert, but there must be a cable that goes from the card (SATA 15 pin female?) directly into the power supply (6 pin PCI-Express?). I have such a cable that fits into the card and also into the power supply unit, but the PC then no longer starts up. So it has to be a special cable?

Hello @Logan5 . We appreciate you taking the time to post on our Community forum. Can you please provide the product ID of the USB card you are referencing? With this information we will be happy to look into this device further for you.

Thank you in advance, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Atha T

Thanks for the answer . Is that the product ID " PEXUSB3S4V " ?

Hello @Logan5 Thank you for your response.

Can you please provide the model number of the 6 Pin PCI Express to SATA adapter being used?

That being said, would you happen to have a Molex (LP4) connector available on the power supply?

image.png

We look forward to your response.

Atha T

Bild_2023-01-27_143329406.png

210-GQ-0750-V1_XL_5.png

this is the cable i have and the power adapter. As I said, it fits, but the PC does not start up when I plug the cable into the power pack under Sata2 port. Or does the cable come in somewhere else? under Perif1 maybe?

Hello @Logan5

Thank you for your response and for providing us clarification. We would need to isolate the components involved within the setup to help determine the source of the issue. Would you happen to have another SATA Power (15 pin) device you can test the computer with?

Furthermore, may I have the full make / model of the computer being used?

We look forward to you response.

I found another cable with GQ on it. It’s exactly the same cable but the pins are different, that worked. It’s a pity that nobody describes anywhere exactly what you need. Thank you for your efforts