Why would Startech dock DK30CHHPD not work with Dell Vostro 5625 Laptop ?

Hello @Mathieu@MathieuO,

Thank you for trying out this test!

This is very odd, I cannot recall coming across this kind of power issue with a docking station. At least not recently.

The documentation I was referring to was the system specifications from the Dell support page (USB 3.2 Gen 2 port) and the DK30CHHPDEU technical specifications.

Since the Dell laptops function correctly at a lower charge seems to indicate some trouble with the Power Delivery functions. I suspect that the power delivery connection is resetting when switching charging modes.

We might want to try to narrow down any specifications or settings on the Dell to help us. Power Delivery with USB 3.2 Gen 2 should be Power Delivery 3.0 based on the specifications that I have reviewed, but I could not confirm this based on the documentation from Dell. Power Delivery 3.0 devices should not have this trouble. So it is unclear if this is on the dock, the laptop, a (very rare) compatibility between the two systems, or if something is going on at the operating system level.

To follow on with the operating system level troubleshooting, are these Dell laptops part of a domain or another security environment? Is the operating system on the Dell systems and OEM installation or from a deployed image?

Consider contacting Dell support for information on the power delivery functions for this laptop model.

I will ask my team if they have seen similar behavior with this dock, and I will follow up here. Let me know if you find more information or find different results.

Thank you,

David F