Ensure your specific KVM does support the use of keyboard hotkeys. This information can be found in the product overview or the product manual.
USB Hub port instead of Keyboard port
The USB Hub ports do not support hot keys. Plug the keyboard into the Keyboard specific port on the KVM and then try hot keys.
If it does not work, do KVM reset following these steps, or check out the video guide here: How do I reset a KVM switch if video or USB stops working correctly? - StarTech.com IT Pro Community
- Shut down all computers and displays
- Unplug everything from the KVM (Video cables, Power and USB)
- Plug in the DC power adapter to the KVM switch, it will default to port 1
- Connect the video cables for the console monitor(s)
- Power on the monitor(s) and wait 15 seconds
- Connect the keyboard and mouse to the designated keyboard and mouse ports
- Connect the Video and USB cables between the KVM and PC1
- Make sure PC1 is selected and power on the PC
- Repeat step 7 and 8 for the remaining PC
Wireless keyboard/mouse combo
Unless your specific KVM has a Keyboard+ port, hotkeys are not supported with wireless keyboard/mouse combos. We recommend using a wired mouse and keyboard in this case.