To install the DisplayLink Manager app in macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or later, please follow these steps:
- Download the latest driver from our website: [displaylink] mac usb display adapter.zip
- Connect the StarTech.com product to both your computer and the external display(s).
- Follow Steps 4 to 4.10 here: DisplayLink Manager App for macOS [external link to DisplayLink.com]
If the displays still do not work, please review these points:
- After installing, ensure you have completed Steps 4.4 to 4.9 in the linked article, which includes running the application after installation and selecting “Launch automatically after logging-in”. This will ensure it starts automatically every time you log-in.
- On Apple M1-based Macs, you may be prompted to install Rosetta during the DisplayLink install process. This is currently required to allow DisplayLink to work on Apple Silicon Macs.
- Clamshell and rotation support on macOS Big Sur 11.x with DisplayLink Manager [external link to DisplayLink.com]
Do you still have questions or want to discuss USB video adapters with others in our IT Pro Community? Please post in our forum here: Docks, Hubs, Display Adapters — StarTech.com IT Pro Community