Distinctive Ring

Is it possible to set the Startech Fax Modem to answer on a distinctive ring (I’m using Windows Fax and Scan software). I can set my second telephone line for ring-ring (Short Rings) or ring-ring (Long Rings), but don’t know how to set the fax modem to recognize the distinctive rings. I now have it set to wait for the seventh ring (one more than my answering machine), and that works, but is time consuming and waiting on it to answer sometimes gets on my nerves.

Hello @davidpsr. We appreciate you taking the time to post on our Community forum.

We will be happy to investigate this matter for you. May we have the Product ID for the USB Fax modem being used? Furthermore, what operating system are you working with?

Thank you in advance, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Atha T

The Product ID is: USB56KEMH2

I am using Windows 10, Specifically ‘Windows Fax and Scan’ App.

Hello @davidpsr.

We are currently looking into this matter for you. We will be updating this thread as soon we hear more.

Thank you for your patience. We will keep in touch!

Atha T

Hello David,

Although we do not have any specific steps to display, I have taken the liberty of sending you some additional information by email which I hope will be helpful in figuring out a solution.

I hope this will help! Please do not hesitate to respond should you require any further assistance.

Emmanuel B.