Need help Triple Head HDMI mst hub

I have mini display port to a triple head HDMI MST hub

problem is I have all three of my asus 27 displays working but my surface 7 display is not on.

can anyone help me with this please

its part number MSTMDP123HD

Hi @RobB1, is this a Surface Pro 7/7+, or Surface Laptop 7?

If It’s a Surface Pro 7 your maximum display count is 3. This is because all 3 CPU options (i3-1005G1, i5-1035G4, and i7-1065G7) all use an Integrated Graphics Processing Unit (iGPU) limited to 3 displays max. The Intel Core i3-1005G1 uses Intel UHD Graphics for 20th Gen, while the i5-1035G4, i7-1065G7 use Intel Iris Plus. This is a hardware limitation for the Surface Pro 7, and so you will only be able to power 3 displays directly from this machine with either the SP7 screen + 2 from the MSTMDP123HD, or no SP7 screen and all 3 from the MSTMDP123HD.

The Surface Pro 7+ uses different CPUs, the i3-1115G4, i5-1135G7 or i7-1165G7. All 3 of these are capable of 4 displays, so all 3 from the MST hub plus the Surface Pro 7+ display. The i3-1115G4 is using Intel UHD for 11th Gen, while the other two are using Intel Irs Xe Graphics.

The Surface Laptop 7 doesn’t have Mini DisplayPort (mDP) so I’m guessing this is not what you are asking about. With that said, it should support 3 displays max as well, like the Surface Pro 7, and so it would have the same limitations. Note, you’d have to use a USB-C to mDP adapter to even connect the MSTMDP123HD.

If you’re unsure which one you have specifically, you can check by pressing the Windows Key + R at the same time, then typing in msinfo32 and pressing enter. There on the right side, about 6-ish lines down you should see a System Manufacturer, then System Model, and at about 9-ish lines down from the top, should be the System SKU. If you can provide those, and the CPU as listed in Processor, about 10 lines down total, then I can confirm if that’s the issue.