PEXUSB311AC3 - Not showing up in Win11 Device Manager

I have a new PEXUSB311AC3 card and trying to use it with a Dell OptiPlex 7010 Small Form Factor Plus computer running Windows11. There is a x16 slot and an x4 slot. If I install it in the x16 slot I get a BSOD upon boot-up with a INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error. If I install it in the x4 slot, the PC boots ok but the device is not showing up in the Device Manager or any other of several hardware interrogation apps I tried.

I installed the latest BIOS, Intel chipset drivers. The optional SATA cable is installed. The chip on the card is warm. I don’t see anywhere in the BIOS where the PCI slots could be disabled.

I tried this on another Dell OptiPlex 7010 SFF that uses a different processor, no joy, same behavior. It did show up on the first boot on that machine in the Device Manager under the main heading of “Other Devices > Unknown Device”, but after a second (and third, and forth…) boot, that disappeared as well and I’ve been unable to get it back.

Have looked at Administrative Events and the Logs, but nothing jumps out. Have tried everything I know to get it to recognize the card. Chipset is Intel Q670.

Open to any suggestions. Have tried to find a free software app that would allow me to examine the PCI bus in greater detail than what’s in the OS, would like recommendations there too please! CAS-103359

Hello @synthRodriguez and thank you for your interest in our Community.

From what you have described, it seems like this situation would be best handled by a direct interaction with our Technical Support. We have reached out, please verify your email for contact opportunity so that we can help troubleshoot and find a solution.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to us.

Emmanuel B.