120B-USBC-MULTIPORT

I am trying to get my new 120B-USBC-MULTIPORT docking station to work. It’s connected to a Dell XPS 13 laptop (windows 11). I have 2x4k screens and one USB keyboard connected to the dock. Everything works well until I connect the 65W dell power supply on my laptop. Then I lose the 2 screens. Same thing if I connect the 65W power supply to the docking station. At that point my laptop seems to be charging up but the dock becomes almost useless.

After some further testing, I was able to get one HD monitor to work when the laptop is charging up, no 4k and keyboard lags. Very confused…

Hello @louisb. We appreciate you taking the time to post on our Community forum.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty with our 120B-USBC-MULTIPORT. We recommend ensuring that all updates on the computer are completed from Dell, especially the BIOS and onboard graphics card. If the issue still continues, may we have the full number of the Dell XPS 13?

I do want to thank you for your time and patience for help troubleshooting this device. We look forward to hearing from you!

Atha T

Yes, all of the updates were installed. Laptop is a Dell XPS 13 9320.

Hello @louisb

• . Thank you for your response, and I am sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Would it be possible to provide the following information, which will help us determine the source of the issue?

What BIOS version and Intel UHD Graphics Driver is installed

• Do you just have one unit of the 120B-USBC-MULTIPORT

We look forward to your response!

Atha T.

Yes, I only have one 120B-USBC-MULTIPORT at the moment.

BIOS version: 1.7.1

Intel graphics driver: 31.0.101.3301

image.png

Hello @louisb. Thank you for your response and confirmation.

The video ports on the 120B-USBC-MULTIPORT utilizes the computer’s GPU and resources to operate correctly. It may be worth reaching out to Dell for further support as well as trying a previous GPU driver version.

Depending on the outcome above, it may be worth looking into an alternative docking station such as our DK30C2DPEP. The primary difference is the DK30C2DPEP utilizes DisplayLink technology to output displays.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with!

Atha T

Thanks for the quick reply. You think having the docking station connected to a power source could help?

Hello @louisb. Thank you for your response.

The DK30C2DPEP could certainly help resolve the issue. As mentioned, the DK30C2DPEP utilizes DisplayLink technology to output displays, while the 120B-USBC-MULTIPORT does not.

Furthermore, I would still recommend consulting Dell for further support as well as trying a previous GPU driver version.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with!

Atha T