Docking station issue

My customer has a Lenovo ThinkPad E15 AMD G3 which has a Startech DK30CHHPDUK docking station attached to it via USB C and has the mains connected. The issue the customer has is that after the docking station is plugged in within half an hour the laptop will show a black screen and the laptop will then need to be restarted. The laptop is running Windows 11 with all up to date updates, drivers from Microsoft and driver/firmware updates from Lenovo. I’ve also made sure that the docking station is up to date also.

Hello @simnbuk. We appreciate you taking the time to post on our Community forum.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty with our DK30CHHPDUK. Can you please confirm the following information?

• Is the included USB-C host cable being used?
  • Are the latest GPU drivers installed on the computer from
  • Does the computer experience any issues similar in symptoms when the DK30CHHPDUK is not being used?
Thank you in advance, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Atha T

Thank you for the response.

The included USB-C cable is being used. The driver installed on the pc by Microsoft is of a more up to date version than the drive on Lenovo’s web site, please see enclosed screenshots.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6035386/uploads/WRNZM6NPA14O/installed-graphics-driver-png.png

https://us.v-cdn.net/6035386/uploads/Y1Z7I2JBBQ66/graphicsdriver-lenovo-png.png
The computer does not show any problems with the docking station not connected.

Hello @simnbuk.

Thank you for your response.

Would it be possible to try the GPU drivers provided by Lenovo’s website? It is possible this may be more of an optimal version, given the issues experienced.

Furthermore, would it be possible to test DK30CHHPDUK on another computer? This will help isolate and determine the source of the issue.

I do want to thank you for your time and patience for help troubleshooting this device. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Atha T

Using the drivers from Lenovo’s web site seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Simon Bach