8P6G-PCIE-SATA-CARD ProxMox

Hi there,

Has anybody have the *
8P6G-PCIE-SATA-CARD
working with PCI-Passthrough in Proxmox or any other linux distrobution. Till now i get a total lockup of the server if a start a VM with the passtrough condigured. Not clear if this is a bus reset issue or something else.

Hello @emesix and thank you for your interest in our Community.

I would like to confirm that this card does not have any official compatibility with VM software and therefore would likely not be seen during a VM’s booting sequence. It is compatible with Linux on LTS Kernels, but that would be once the VM’s OS has loaded (as data drive).

So in other words, using PCI passthrough would likely work to let the OS detect and handle the card, but it won’t work for using as boot source through a VM solution.

I hope this helps better explain the situation. Please feel free to let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help!

Emmanuel B.

Hi Emmanuel,

Well as it looks now the card stops detecting drives when the IOMMU is turned on in the bios. Awell, allittle disapointing but need to buy a new Sata card then.

We used to have some older cards with VM ESXi support, but we no longer make them. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

I would recommend making sure when looking for a card, that it officially has and lists support for your intended VM software specifically to ensure functionality.

Please let us know if there is anything else we could do to help.

Emmanuel B.