Hello, I’m having trouble connecting the TB31PCIEX16 to my laptop. Specifically, the display port on the display rack isn’t working. The other ports (two Thunderbolt ports) work, and they transmit a video signal to the monitor if I connect a hub with HDMI output. The display port on the device is the one that’s not working. The PCI card works fine. I tried it on different monitors and with different cables, but it didn’t help. I’ve updated the Thunderbolt and graphics card drivers, and the BIOS is also up to the latest version listed on the manufacturer’s website. Can you help me with this problem?
hp omen 17 ck2024nw with:
13th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-13900HX
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Laptop GPU
Thunderbolt 4(1134) port (app version- 1.0.37.0, Controller version - 1.41.1379., PCIE tunelling - Enable, NVM Firmware version -39.3)
Thank you for posting on the StarTech.com Community. I am sorry to hear about the difficulty with our TB31PCIEX16.
Are you using any kind of adapter or video converter to connect to a monitor that does not have DisplayPort, or are you using a standard DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable? You mentioned that when connecting to the Thunderbolt ports that you are using a hub or multiport adapter that has HDMI output, so I want to confirm.
Could you also provide the model numbers of one or two monitors you have tried?
This information will help us determine our next troubleshooting steps.
I would also recommend contacting our Support team for a live troubleshooting session while you have the equipment available. This allows for more in-depth troubleshooting and can often lead to a quicker resolution. Once resolved, we can then post the solution here.