Does USB SATA adaptor support drives with multiple partitions?

diskmgmt.msc sees the USB3S2SAT3CB USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA cable as a ASMT2235 USB Device and with a 4TB drive with existing partition it works. I can click on the drive in windows and see the data. However with a 1TB drive split into two partitions it shows as ‘No Media’ and when I click on the drive icon in Windows it pops up “please insert a disk into USB Drive”

Both drives are WD Blue SATA III standard 2.5" SSD.

Now the reason I bought the adaptor is the 1TB drive had the mechanical L get nicked so it was not locking in place for electrical contact. I was hoping the adaptor having bridging support between power/data connectors would give it a mechanical support for making electrical contact.

But it did not work so I need to find out if it is just the firmware- is it supporting drives with multiple partitions?

Hello @yarnevk,

Thank you for posting on the Startech.com Community!

Our USB3S2SAT3CB is compatible with drives that have multiple partitions and the different partitions would show up in Windows Disk Management utility.

If the drive’s SATA connector is damaged as you have described and is not locking in place for full contact, then unfortunately we would not expect it to work with our adapter. If a drive would not work when connecting directly to a computer it would not be expected to work with our device either.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Lukas T