ICUSBAUDIO7D optical out does not power on

Just got the ICUSBAUDIO7D and connected to my PC and the SPDIF out does not turn on. In the sound setting SPDIF out shows disconnected. Installed drivers from the website and made sure all connections are secure. Just for fun I decided to connect the unit to a USB port on the back of my TV and the SPDIF out turned on. Does this unit need more power then the PC USB 3.1 port can provide?

Hello @nukem

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty with our ICUSBAUDIO7D.

Can you confirm what OS is running on the computer? In the meantime, can you try the steps listed below:

1. Connect the Audio Adapter to a USB port on the computer.
  2. In Windows, set the Default Playback Device to USB Sound Device.
  3. Launch the Xear Audio Center application using the shortcut on the Desktop.
  4. In the left column, right-click on Speakers and select Speaker Settings. See Figure below:
    Note: Any further changes will require right-clicking on the current Output Device.
  5. In the drop-down list, choose between: SPDIF Out, Speaker, or HeadPhone.
    Note: Changing the audio output will take a few seconds. The icon for the active output device will become highlighted.

Thank you in advance, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Atha T

I don’t recall seeing that specific image. But I ended up returning it. My Mother board supports a SPDIF bracket option. So I am going that route instead.

Hello @nukem

Sorry about that troubles there! If anything else ever comes up, feel free to connect with us.

Atha T