RKCONS1708K Factory Reset / possible keyboard issue?

Hello! I recently installed a StarTech RKCONS1708K KVM in my rack and cabled it all in, however after initially getting into the OSD I noticed that it seems to have a constant caps lock that I cant disable, I tried to see if a keycap was stuck but none were, the capslock light isn’t on, but if I hold shift while typing it will show in lowercase. Thus I screwed up the password I had created in my admin account and can no longer login after restarting it to see if that fixed the issue.

I had seen steps for supposedly resetting the login on the questions board of the StarTech product page for this KVM, but it hasn’t been working for me so I just wanted to ask, maybe I’m not following the directions correctly?

All I need is a way to reset the login without having to get into the OSD, as the login it currently has is unknown, I can manage with the capslock if it is just by default or just defective. I do however need a way to get into my KVM, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @caest24,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the StarTech.com Community forum.

I am sorry about the trouble with the caps lock key and the admin password on the KVM console. I am happy to help!

For security, please contact us directly at support@startech.com. We can then forward the correct reset steps to you.

Please add case number CAS-37379 to the subject line of your email.

If you wish, I can email you at the address used to register your account on the forum. Would that be preferable?

After we confirm the reset steps, we can also troubleshoot the KVM console’s caps lock key.

Sincerely,

David F.

Hi StarTech Support,

I have a RACKCONV1701 that has a password set that I do not know and I cannot access any machines as a result. I also want to factory reset this device and remove that password. I cannot find anything in the manuals or online to address this. Can yoo help?

sincerely

Paul

Hello @paulororke and thank you for your interest in our Community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with our rack console. As mentioned above, for security reasons: I would invite you to please contact us directly at support@startech.com. We can then forward the correct reset steps to you.

Please add case number CAS-47441 to the subject line of your email.

Thank you in advance and we look forward to hearing back from you!

Emmanuel B.

Thanks for the prompt reply Emmanuel.

Email sent.