4 port KVM wont send display data

I’m currently running a 4 port KVM (SV431DPDDUA2) and it’s not able to receive signal when I switch to my MacBook Pro. It will work as expected with my WIndows 10 box

This is what I’ve tried:

Replacing the Displayport to KVM cables - no dice.
Trying it on my previous two port KVM from Startech. Works as expected
Keyboard and mouse do work when I switch to the mac

I’m leaning towards the KVM being defective, but as doing a return is a costly thing here, I’m wondering if there’s anything else that can be tried, or if this KVM just doesn’t support mac and I need to look at other manafacteurs?

Hello @canadiancreed,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your question on the StarTech.com Community.

We can certainly take time to understand the setup of the SV431DPDDUA2 with your MacBook Pro so we can understand how we can help. Thank you for confirming the USB connectivity. I have some questions to help us get started.

1. Has the SV431DPDDUA2 worked with the MacBook Pro before, or is this the first time setting it up?
  2. Do you have more than one SV431DPDDUA2, or just the one?
  3. Can you share more about the MacBook Pro? Identifying information like the year, screen size, and processor will help us understand the capabilities of the system. The operating system may be helpful to know too.
  4. What sort of displays are connected to the SV431DPDDUA2 console ports? The monitor model information will help, and the model of any adapters or adapter cables used.
  5. Are any other intermediate devices used between the MacBook and the SV431DPDDUA2, like docking stations or adapters? Please share the manufacturer and model details.

Once we have a full understanding the configuration we can review and confirm compatibility and suggest troubleshooting options or make some more recommendations.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

@DavidF

Morning. To answer your questions:

1. It worked briefly once. Came back the next morning, and it hasn’t since. No power surges or anything occured, KVM was hooked into an UPS
  2. Just the one
  3. Not sure on the year but it’s pretty new. It’s the large screen model (15.4? 17?), OS is Sonoma I believe. Not really a MAc person, it’s mainly through work that I use them
  4. They’re Dell 27 inch monitors. Hooked directly to the console ports on the KVM with Displayport to displayport cords.
  5. No intermediate devices

Hello @canadiancreed ,

Thank you for you reply. Based on the information that we have so far, I do not see any reason why the SV431DPDDUA2 would not work for you. We are still missing a few details, so we can confirm that for you.

We will need to dig a little deeper to be sure that we can do our best to help.

If it is easier, you are certainly welcome to reach out to our team support team directly using the options at StarTech.com Support. I can also reach out to directly at the e-mail you provided when you signed up to the community page to arrange a direct support session.

If you prefer to continue here we can walk through gathering the information we need.

To better illustrate the connectivity requirements we have created some FAQs on the Product Support section of the StarTech.com product pages.

SV431DPDDUA2 Product Support

The specific FAQs are:

There is a quick start guide and user manual on the StarTech.com Drivers & Downloads section of SV431DPDDUA2 page.

For the model information for the MacBook Pro select the “About this mac” menu option found by clicking on the Apple icon in Apple menu a the top left corner of the screen. There it should list the operating system and further identifying information.

Dell monitors will often have a model number listed on the back of the monitors, there may also be a service tag, or an express service tag that will help us find the technical specifications and quickly understand the requirements of the monitors.

Are there DisplayPort cables connected between the SV431DPDDUA2 and the MacBook Pro? DisplayPort cables are needed to connect each computer to the KVM.

Please let us know if you can gather these details, or if you prefer to continue another way and we will be happy to help.

Sincerely,

@DavidF