This article was created from a community discussion and internal testing by JustinW
Follow these steps to configure drives in RAID on S352BU313R enclosure:
- Move the Power switch on the dual-bay enclosure to the OFF position.
- Use a Philips screwdriver to remove the four screws in the back panel.
- Remove the drive tray from the dual-bay enclosure.
- Move the RAID mode DIP switches to the correct position for the RAID mode that you want to set. For more information about the switch positions, see image at the end of this article.
- Connect the universal power adapter to the power adapter port on the dual-bay enclosure and a power outlet.
- Connect the USB cable to the rear of the enclosure, and your computer.
- Open your disk management utility (Disk Management on Windows, Disk Utility on macOS).
- Move the Power switch on the dual-bay enclosure to the ON position.
- Let the unit power on, and the drives begin to spin up. This may take up to 30s depending on the capacity of your drives.
- Once the drives (or drive if a RAID mode is already configured) show up in your disk management utility, press and hold the green Set RAID button for 10 seconds until the drive LEDs begin to blink.
- Once they blink, set the Power switch on the dual-bay enclosure to the OFF position, and disconnect the universal power adapter from the power adapter port.
- Slide the drive tray back into the dual-bay enclosure.
- Use a Philips screwdriver to insert the four screws into the back panel, and tighten the screws in place.
- Reconnect the universal power adapter to the power adapter port and move the power switch to the on position
- Wait for the disks to spin up fully, and show up in your disk management utility
- Initialize and format the drive(s) before use.