DK30CH2DPPDU dock only working at 2x 1k resolution

Hi, I have a DK30CH2DPPDU dock which seems only able to provide 1k resolution even though 2k monitors are connected and dock should support 4k. I’ve tried several Win-10 laptops also one with opensuse Linux, all behave the same. Everything else works perfectly.

This doesn’t seem to be a common problem, but could it need a firmware update? Not sure how to see what version we have.

Edit to add: monitors are AOC 2560 x 1440p connected via Displayport, and work normally when connected directly to my Desktop machine.

Thanks, Richard

Hello @Richard_MQ and thank you for your interest in our Community.

I would first like to confirm that our DK30CH2DPPDU is certainly capable of achieving 4K @ 60Hz over the two DisplayPort connections on the back (and 4K @ 30Hz for the HDMI port). This should suffice for 2K or 2560x1440.

In order to ensure full functionality of our dock, you’ll want to make sure that:

1. Your laptop is fully up to date (this includes importantly your video card drivers).
  2. You’ve installed our latest drivers for the dock directly from our web site.

Would it be possible to please have the exact brand and model of your laptop? And when you are in your Windows Display Settings, what are your resolution options (mostly, which one is listed as your max and which one is listed as “Recommended”) ?

If at all possible, screenshots would be quite helpful. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Emmanuel B.

Thanks Emmanuel for quick response.

The primary laptop for this belongs to my employer, so I have raised an IT helpdesk ticket to get the firmware and windows drivers checked.
May take a few days but I will get back here once done.

Hi again

The IT team are helpful and quick here, though this is really my own problem because it’s only for work-from-home.

Lenovo 20ST001LUK laptop

Startech firmware updated today from 1.12.9_10.10 to 1.12.9_10.11, no change in behaviour

Windows Display Settings offers a range from 800x600 up to max. 1920x1080 which is marked as recommended.

I don’t have admin rights to dig much deeper, though I can ask if appropriate.

Thanks, Richard

Hello @Richard_MQ , thank you for the updates.

Were they able to reinstall the latest drivers directly from our web site for DisplayLink? If you have and it is still not working then I would recommend you to contact our chat service as a live support session would be recommended at this point. Simply navigate to our web site and click on the Chat bubble at the bottom right, referring to case number: CAS-123106.

We look forward to hearing back from you and wish you an excellent day!

Emmanuel B.

No, we seem to have missed this last step. I will try to get that done too.
Thanks
Richard

Apologies for the delay, caused by holidays and sickness.

We have finally installed latest Startech drivers from website, control panel icon reports version 11.4.9747.0. Host is Lenovo Thinkpad P15 running MS Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.

Control Panel accessed either via Start Button or DisplayLink taskbar icon still shows max resolution as 1920 x 1080 “Recommended” even when driving 2x AOC Q2577W 2560 x 1440 monitors via DisplayPort.

Thanks for any further suggestions!
R.

Thank you @Richard_MQ ,

I would recommend you to contact our chat service as a live support session would be recommended at this point. Simply navigate to our web site and click on the Chat bubble at the bottom right, referring to case number: CAS-123106.

We look forward to hearing back from you and wish you an excellent day!

Emmanuel B.

Hi again - SOLVED with help from your online chat colleagues.

The (single-channel) DVI to DP cables I was using don’t support resolutions above 1K. Changed cables to DP both ends and all is good.

Many thanks to all at Startech for the support.

1 Like

PS Also works sweetly in Linux, I’m using opensuse 15.6