StarTech dock listings don't mention the voltage modes supported by each USB-C port

I have been trying to find suitable dock for my display, but this is made difficult because the listings do not mention the volt modes supported by the USB-C port.

For example with this dock: DK31C3MNCR it provides the following information

Hardware
1 - USB 3.2 Type-C (24 pin, Gen 2, 10Gbps, 7.5W Power, DP Alt-Mode Video)

Connector

• USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps)
  • USB-C Power Delivery 3.0

But I would like to know the volt modes supported by each USB port.
For example, 5V/9V/12V/15V/19V/20V in addition to the Wattage capability.
If the port is limited to 5V for example, then I would be buying it and returning it because it would not work for me and I’m looking for one that will power a 12V display device.

All the Thunderbolt and USB 3.2 Gen 2 docks do not mention it.

They indicate they support Power Delivery 3.0, but it doesn’t specifically say if this is limited to only 5V or if this handles the full capability up-to 20V.

Hello @qbits,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our community.

I apologize that we do not have the USB-C voltage modes supported by docks with USB-C video output listed. I can definitely pass along to our team that there is interest in this information to see if we can have this added in the future.

In the meantime however, I would be happy to look further into this to see if DK31C3MNCR would be able to support the 12V display device you are wanting to use. Can I please ask for the following:

• The make and model of your computer
  • What operating system you are using
  • The make and model of the display device

With this information, I will be able to investigate if DK31C3MNCR would be a suitable option for your intended setup.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Lukas T.

1 Like

Make and model

• Custom desktop PC - ASRock Z790 PG Lightning / 16GB DDR5 / i5 - 13600k

Operating system

• Windows 11 23H2

Display

• PSVR2 - Generic Display device (SIE) - 4K 10 Bit HDR (2000 x 2040 OLED) 24/60/90/120 Hz

Hello @qbits,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately DK31C3MNCR would not be able to support a 12V USB-C display device like the PSVR2. Unfortunately we also do not have anything else that we could recommend that would be compatible.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Lukas T.

1 Like