116N-USBC-DOCK power delivery unstable with MacBook Air M2

Hi all,

I have a MacBook Air M2 and I purchased two 116N-USBC-DOCKs for both my home and work offices. Displays and network connectivity work perfectly but when I plug in my M2 MacBook Air the power delivery is unstable and cycles between battery and mains. Also the external monitors and network interface are not detected. If I connect my MagSafe power cable then monitors and network are detected. If I then disconnect my MagSafe power cable then everything stays connected and stable, until I disconnect the laptop cable from the dock and reconnect.

I performed the firmware update as it seems to address this problem but it made no difference.

My Windows 11 laptop works perfectly. I tried both the USB-C ports on my MacBook. I tried a different heavy duty USB-C PD cable. No difference.

This is happening with both docks.

See the following for a similar problem

I have Case CAS-129525 open.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Simon.

Hi Simon :wave:,

It looks like a compatibility issue. You might want to check if there are any updates or advice from StarTech on this.

Cheers…

Any update from Startech on this one, i have the same issue. It was working, bought a new desk, plugged it all back in as before and no i have this issue

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been pursuing this with StarTech for nearly three weeks now.

They’re sending me new cables. I will be interested to see how well that works because I bought two 240W Thunderbolt 4 cables from Amazon just to see if it made any difference. No change.

I did an online chat with the support team yesterday and it appears to be a faulty dock now. They have given me an RMA process to follow, suspect you’ll need to do the same

1 Like

Wonderful (or not). I wish I could find another MacBook Air M2 to test with. Might put out a request to colleagues next week.