- This USB Display Adapter is intended for Windows operating systems only.
- Driver installation for the USB Display Adapter may be automatic on Host Computers running Windows 10 and up. Before connecting the USB Display Adapter to the Host
Computer, please take the following steps to optimize the Host Computer for automatic driver installation:
- Make sure any outstanding Windows updates are installed to ensure the Host Computer is running the most up-to date version of Windows.
- Ensure that the Host Computer has an active Internet connection.
- Verify that the active user account has administrator privileges.
- This guide provides two methods for driver installation: Automatic Driver Installation and Manual Driver Installation. If the Automatic Driver Installation fails please disconnect the USB Display Adapter from the Host Computer, and follow the steps for Manual Driver Installation.
- Connect the Display Device(s) to the Video Output Ports on the USB Display Adapter, using the required cables (sold separately).
- Connect the Built-In USB Cable on the USB Display Adapter to an available USB Port on the Host Computer.
- Once the USB Display Adapter has been connected to the
Host Computer, Windows will attempt to download and
install the drivers automatically.
- Installation may take several seconds to complete. During
the installation process the connected Display Device(s)
might flicker, this is normal. Once the installation has
completed, the Windows desktop will appear on the
connected Display Device(s).
If after 3 minutes the Windows desktop does not appear on the
connected Display Device(s), it’s likely that Windows has failed
to automatically install the Driver, and it will be necessary to
follow the below steps for Manual Driver Installation:
- Disconnect the USB Display Adapter from the
- Visit the StarTech.com Product Page for this specific
USB Display Adapter using the Product Page URL in the
Product Reference Table of this document.
Or, Navigate to
- Click the Drivers/Downloads tab on the Product Page.
- Under Driver(s), download the [trigger] usb display adapter.zip driver package.
- Right-click the zip folder that was downloaded and select Extract All, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the list of extracted files, right-click the Setup(.exe) file and select Run as Administrator.
- Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, it’s likely that the installation file is attempting to be ran from within the zipped file. Please extract the files using
the instructions in Step 5.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the device drivers and restart the computer when prompted.
- Once Windows has restarted, connect the Built-In USB Host Port on the USB Display Adapter to an available USB Port on the Host Computer.
- Installation may take several seconds to complete. During the installation process the connected Display Device(s) might flicker, this is normal. Once the installation has
completed, the Windows desktop will appear on the connected Display Device(s).
Once the USB Display Adapter has been installed on the Host Computer, the Display Device(s) (and audio controller, if applicable) will operate within Windows the same as a Display Device connected directly to the Host Computer’s Graphics Controller.
Tagged SKUs: USB32HD2, USB32HDES, USB32HDEH, USB32HD4, USBC2HD4, USB32DPES2, USB32VGAES