- Our driver may not be installed or is out of date. Install the latest driver from StarTech.com’s website.
- The primary display adapter for the computer has an outdated or basic driver installed. Update the video driver using the manufacturer’s support site.
- The product requires an existing video controller (onboard or discrete) from Intel, AMD, or NVIDIA. The video controller must have a WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model), compatible driver. Most video controllers from 2008 or newer will meet this requirement.
- The display connected to the StarTech.com adapter is set to the wrong video input. Use the display’s on-screen display menu to select the correct input.
- If our product recently worked on the computer you are using: Unplug the USB video adapter from the computer. Wait 5 seconds. Plug the USB video adapter back into the computer. The cable connecting your display to our product can remain connected the whole time.
- Make sure the video cable is securely connected to our product and to the display. Avoid using any adapters, adapter cables, or long video cables (longer than 3m or 10 feet).
- Test the USB video adapter connected to a different USB port built into the computer. External USB hubs and docking stations can be used, but if several high-bandwidth devices connected to the hub or docking station, it could cause problems.
- An incompatible operating system is being used (i.e., MCT based adapter and macOS). If using a Mac, we recommend exchanging the product for a DisplayLink based version.
The following only applies to computers running Windows 8.1 or older operating systems: USB video adapters and some USB docking stations use different chipsets (ex. DisplayLink/Synaptics, MCT, Fresco, Silicon Motion). They will not work together on the same computer. If you are running into problems trying to use multiple USB video products, please check our Tech Specs to determine which chipset each product uses. If they do not match, then they will not work together.
This FAQ applies to these products: USB2DVIE3 USB2DVIMM6 USB2DVIPRO2 USB2VGAE2 USB2VGAE3 USB2VGAPRO2 USB32DP24K60 USB32DP4K USB32DPES2 USB32DPPRO USB32DVIEH USB32DVIPRO USB32HD2 USB32HD4K USB32HDDVII USB32HDEH USB32HDES USB32HDPRO USB32HDVGA USB32VGAEH USB32VGAES USB32VGAPRO USB32VGAV USBC2HD4 107B-USB-HDMI