Input resolutions supported by the VGA2VID scaler

VGA2VID’s data sheet describes input resolutions as “up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz”. What is the list of input resolutions it will accept?

Hello jeffbrl,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Startech.com Community!

I am looking into what additional input resolutions are supported by VGA2VID other than the maximum resolution of 1600x1200.

Can I ask if there is a specific resolution you were wanting to confirm would work?

Lukas T

Thanks, Lukas. 240p.

Hello @jeffbrl ,

Thank you for your response. I am still looking into this for you.

Would it be possible to also ask for the make and model of the input device you plan to connect to VGA2VID?

Lukas T

Lukas, thank you. Generic PC hardware running linux that has been configured to output 15 KHz/240p. I want to use the VGA2VID as a media converter to get the video signals on CRTs with composite/svideo inputs.

Hello @jeffbrl,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately we do not have a list available of specific input resolutions that can be used with VGA2VID and are unable to test your desired resolution and refresh rate, so we are unable to confirm if this would work.

Our best recommendation would be to purchase a unit to test, keeping the return policy in mind of where you purchase from so you would be able to return it for a refund if it does not work for you.

I apologize we are not able to provide a definitive answer for you.

Lukas T

Thank you, Lukas. I own the unit. I will continue my testing.