TB310G2 with Ubuntu Linux issue

Hello,

I have bought two TB310G2 for a point to point 10Gbps ethernet connection between two Dell 7000 series machines.

Both machines have Ubuntu Linux distributions. The devices have the following error message found with dmesg:

[3880739.526883] ucsi_acpi USBC000:00: GET_CONNECTOR_STATUS failed (-110)
[3880741.610844] ucsi_acpi USBC000:00: GET_CONNECTOR_STATUS failed (-110)

Could you please help?

Hi there @orlando_grigoriadis and thank you for joining our community!

I’m sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. Regrettably, our TB310G2 is not supported in Linux and only in Windows 10 and 11, as well as MacOS 10.15.x through to macOs 14.x. This is listed under the Compatibility under the Technical Specifications: Thunderbolt 3 to Ethernet Adapter, 10G - USB and Thunderbolt Network Adapters | Networking IO Products | StarTech.com Canada

If this is a recent purchase, you may be able to return it for a refund via your place of purchase. If not, please let us know and we’ll see what we can do. Currently, we do not offer a Thunderbolt 3 to 10G NIC or any USB to 10G NIC that is Linux compatible.

While we may not offer support for Linux, you are welcome to try it on your own, and the TB310G2 uses an Aquantia AQC107S which is supposed to be built into the Linux kernel from 4.10 from what I can see online, but it seems to be hit or miss, especially depending on the distro. I do see a driver version 2.5.6 listed on their support: Support | Public Driver Downloads | QLogic Fibre Channel HBAs and FastLinQ Ethernet adapters and controllers - Marvell

It may be worth giving that a shot if you wish, but this is not something we’d be able to assist you with further and I do wish to apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.